Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Manuscript in theMail

Yesterday morning I sent Moon Thief to an agent. This weekend I'll send Master Stinky Dances, a picturebook, to an editor or two. I took a break from writing this morning and did some research I needed to do. Tomorrow morning, though, I start again on another manuscript. I think I have decided on the next one to work on. Tomorrow, I become a thief's daughter!

I'm looking forward to working on this one. It should be interesting. I plan to tie many situations from my past into the storyline (not that I was a thief's daughter). I think readers will like it.

I'm reading a Dean Koontz book on the side. I love the way he uses metaphors and symbols in his writing. I aspire to be as good at Children's Books as he is at Adult books. I say adult, but he's got my 14 year old daughter hooked with the retriever characters. We have a half retriever and its amazing how much he reminds us of Einstein in Watchers. I think she reread Watchers as often as she reread the first Harry Potter book at the age of 7. (She'll probably kill me for admitting that in public, but not many kids--and adults--didn't love Harry when he first came out) We love dogs!

Anyway,
All for today. Tomorrow I start again! Hope anyone reading this is looking forward to seeing more books from me. Send me a reply!

GP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and for following my blog! I'll read your comment the next time I enter a new blog. I hope you are enjoying my books!