Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Ideas

I'm in stuck mode with my writing. I'm trying to think of a new series idea for beginning chapter books, but it's just not coming to me. I should really be working on my YA series, but I'm strange like that. I've been working so hard on the four I've sent out, that I kind of want a little break from writing for a while. That's okay, I guess, as long as I continue to write every day in some fashion.

Anyhow, as soon as I hear something good about the first book in the series, I'll have to go back to working every morning on the second book, and then the third and so on. There are six books in the series. In between, though, I thought I might like to try a humorous beginning chapter book for younger kids, but I'm stuck on ideas. So many have been done about school. I want to do something original, something not out there. It will come to me. Until it does, or until I hear about The Gifted Ones, I'll keep thinking. Once I get started on writing a book, I will almost have to finish it before I can move on to the next one.

I'm reading The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz. I think I'll go read a chapter or two before I start writing. Very interesting book! Of course, I love dogs, and DKs books, so it would be interesting to me.

GP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and for following my blog! I'll read your comment the next time I enter a new blog. I hope you are enjoying my books!