Monday, February 2, 2009

Back to the Rat Race

It's Monday. It's back to the rat race day! I worked all weekend on two different manuscripts. I completed one, and then went back and revised a picture book manuscript I'm getting ready to send off.

Wow, I can't believe Monday is here and that I worked so much over the weekend. It would be so nice to spend my mornings writing until around 10 or 11. I get so much more accomplished in those early hours. Well, every writer needs a means of support, right?

I've posted a short story to my Authorsden website. Hope you enjoy reading it. It kind of fit my mood on Saturday after I completed a new middle level manuscript.

You know what I find the hardest thing to do? Write a query letter, or cover letter, to sell my books. I believe that takes just as long as a manuscript sometimes. Too bad it can't be like the old days when editors just read the manuscript and ignored the simple cover letter! Such is the way of things, though, when a field becomes inundated with competition.

Well, have a good Monday! I will certainly try. Looking forward to summer, though, so I can spend my mornings writing!

GP:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and for following my blog! I'll read your comment the next time I enter a new blog. I hope you are enjoying my books!